Experience history and current events right in your classroom!
Recreate scenes from American History and current Social Studies events. Then let curious students investigate the scene – collect the clues, ask questions, analyze documents, brainstorm possibilities, and conclude who and what event the scene depicts.
As students become involved in the investigative activities – problem-based learning – they use the inquiry method, primary source documents, logical reasoning, and cause and effect as they better understand the past and present.
Topics and concepts include:
* Presidents – Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln
* Inventors – Edison, Ford, Bell, Wright Brothers
* Early Settlements – Jamestown, Plymouth Colony,Massachusetts Bay Colony
* Native Americans – Creating scenes of local/regional tribes
* Governments – Legislative, Executive, Judicial Branches
* Citizenship – The Flag, National Anthem, Voting, Franklin