Math It Up! has a new cover and is now perfect bound!
Games to Practice & Reinforce Common Core Math Standards
"We need to focus on whole number division and fractions" because thier early mastery is a predictor of students' later success with algebra and other higher-level mathematics according to the study "Early Predictors of High School Mathematics achievement" by Carnegie Mellon professor Robert Siegler.
Mastery of OPERATIONS, notably DIVISION, and the understanding of FRACTIONS by the age of ten are those skills that recent research has show are the strongest predictors of later achievement in algebra knowledge and overall math achievement by age 16.
To reinforce those and other Common Core Math Skills and Practices, Math It Up! turns games, familiar to students kindergarten through middle school, into teaching tools for the math classroom and home. The games use cards, dice, and dominos to teach math concepts with a fun, competitive twist.
22 games plus extensions in:
- Number Sense
- Place Value
- Algebra Readiness
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.