Written by Carolyn Coil
? Would like to differentiate your curriculum and your day-to-day instruction, but don’t understand how to implement differentiation?
? Do you need practical strategies that are user-friendly and do not take an inordinate amount of time to plan and put into practice?
? Do you want a way to assess the variety of student projects and performances that are often the result of differentiated instruction?
? Must you incorporate standards, including the Common Core, into each unit or lesson you teach?
This book is just what you need!
If you are a teacher, an administrator, a professional development coordinator, or are in any other position of educational leadership it will:
- Give specific examples of differentiated activities to teachers at all grade levels,
- Clarify how to set up and plan for student choices,
- Explain how to write and implement tiered lessons and units, and
- Translate theory into sound educational practice.
Discover 55 “how-to” differentiated units of work with student activities and their corresponding assessments:
- 24 Tic-Tac-Toe student choice activities and assessments
- 10 Individual Lesson Plans (ILP™s) – Differentiated units of work with both required activities and student choice activities and assessments
- 6 Primary Individual Lesson Plans – A simpler version of the ILP™ designed for students in grades K-2
- 15 Tiered Lessons/Units with assessments
In addition, you’ll find:
- 30 Product Criteria Cards to facilitate assessment of student products and performances
- An Index of Common Core Standards used in each of the 55 differentiated units
- An Index of Products/Performances
- An Index by Subject Area
- Suggested differentiated products and performances
- Ways to set up Learning Contracts for individual students
- Print-On-Demand customizable files with all 55 differentiated units of work for you to download and use or to change to better meet your individual needs
Practical Strategies! – Teacher Friendly Directions! – Time-Saving Techniques!