You now have INSTANT ACCESS to reproducible activity books.
*Books begin at a low DISCOUNTED PRICE of $6.00.
*There are NO SHIPPING and NO HANDLING costs.
*There is NO WAITING for your book to arrive.
Order 24 hours a day on our web site and INSTANTLY RECEIVE your E-Book.
Escape Room – 30 Minute Mysteries for the Classroom
by Nancy Polette
A Case of Mistaken Identity (Based on Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne):
The date is December 10, 1872. Phileas Fogg and his companions have reached New York City and have found a ship leaving for England on December 11. The trip across the Atlantic takes nine days. However, Phileas has been mistaken for the high society bank robber, George Leslie. He is arrested and imprisoned in a New York City jail. One key will unlock his cell and the outside gate. The jail guard on duty at midnight is often asleep. You must find the key to help Phileas escape in time to board the ship to reach London by December 21st.
- Make judgments, predict outcomes, and draw conclusions based on evidence provided
- Use inductive reasoning to form generalizations
- Acquire, analyze, interpret and communicate information or data by careful observation
- Identify a problem, formulate and evaluate alternative solutions
- Cooperate with others in applying problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Use research tools effectively
These new Escape Room Mysteries are sweeping the nation!
Great for the entire class to work together to solve the clues or for smaller groups to solve individual clues. Each packet contains the objectives, clues, instructions on organizing the class, and preparing the room. There are no locks for the teacher to set or the students to open. Set-up time for the teacher is usually less than 15 minutes and the mystery can be solved within 30 to 45 minutes.
No cell phones or computers are allowed to be used. The students must research the clues the “old-fashioned” way.