E-Book version – immediately available for download after purchase!
The purpose of this book is to provide a unique resource for teaching leadership and the 21st century skills needed by all students in order to become college and career ready adults. This book contains 27 action-oriented lessons & activities specifically designed to teach leadership and 21st Century Skills. The lessons and activities in this book are designed to be used in the classroom, in extracurricular programs, in after-school programs, at summer camps, and anywhere activity-oriented learning takes place.
Most lessons and activities are geared toward students in grades 6-12, however; with simple modifications can be used with students of all ages, especially in grades 3-5.
Basic teaching information is provided for each lesson and activity so the teacher can modify the material as needed for a specific group of students at a specific age or in a specific environment.
Lessons and activities in this book are designed to help create 21st century learners who:
• Demonstrate independence.
• Build strong core academic content knowledge.
• Communicate effectively and creatively.
• Comprehend as well as critique.
• Solve problems and make decisions wisely.
• Value research evidence.
• Use technology and digital media strategically and capably.
• Understand other perspectives and cultures.
• Become effective, ethical, and knowledgeable leaders.