Social and Emotional Gifted Teen Series by authors Ester R.A. Leutenberg & John J. Liptak, Ed. D.
Each workbook in the series contains five separate modules of activity-based handouts that will help teens learn more about themselves. They will learn how to:
- enhance their creativity
- find ways to prevent and overcome boredom
- analyze, strengthen, and develop characteristics, skills, and attitudes for inspiring motivation
- develop, maintain, and build healthy, positive friendships
- develop effective social skills
- cope more effectively with stress in their lives
- develop a grateful attitude and begin to express gratitude for the people and things in their lives
The Social & Emotional Gifted and Talented Teens Series is a practical tools for parents, teachers, counselors, and helping professionals. Depending on the role of the professional using these workbooks and the specific group’s or individual’s needs, the modules can be used either individually or as part of an integrated teen gifted and talented curriculum. The facilitator may choose to administer one of the activities to a group or administer some of the assessments over one or more days as a workshop.
This set includes:
- The Creativity Workbook for Gifted and Talented Teens – CLC0637 – 978-1-63279-074-3
- The Motivation Workbook for Gifted and Talented Teens – CLC0639 – 978-1-63279-078-1
- The Friendship Workbook for Gifted and Talented Teens – CLC0640 – 978-1-63279-079-8
- The Boredom Workbook for Gifted and Talented Teens – CLC0641 – 978-1-63279-080-4
- The Stress Workbook for Gifted and Talented Teens – CLC0642 – 978-1-63279-081-1
- The Social Skills Workbook for Gifted and Talented Teens – CLC0645 – 978-1-63279-084-2
- The Gratitude Workbook for Gifted and Talented Teens – CLC0646 – 978-1-63279-085-9
About the Authors:
John J. Liptak, EdD, frequently conducts workshops on assessment-related topics. He has written three books on career-related topics and these books have been featured in numerous newspapers and reports including The Washington Post, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Associated Press. His work has also been featured on MSNBC, CNN Radio, and on the PAX/ION television series,”Success without a College Degree.”
John has many years of experience in providing counseling services to individuals and groups in a variety of settings including job training programs, correctional institutions, and colleges and universities. In addition, John has years of teaching experience as an assistant professor. With Ester Leutenberg and Kathy Khalsa, he has written three other comprehensive books for teachers and counselors to use with their students and clients: The Self-Esteem Program, The Social Skills Program, and The Stress Management Program: Inventories, Activities & Educational Handouts.
Ester RA Leutenberg has worked in the mental health field for many years as a publisher, author, and advocate for those suffering from loss. She personally experienced a devastating loss when her son Mitchell, after struggling with a mental illness for eight years, died by suicide in 1986. Soon after, as a way of both healing and helping others, Ester co-founded Wellness Reproductions & Publishing with her daughter Kathy Khalsa and began developing therapeutic products that help facilitators help their clients. Ester and Kathy are the co-authors of the Life Management Skills series for adults, SEALS series for teen-agers, and Optimal Well-Being for Senior Adults series, as well as a variety of other therapeutic card games, board games and posters.
Ester has co-written three books and corresponding cards on GriefWork ~ Healing from Loss, and the following books and cards: Breaking Up is Hard to Do, Creating a Healthy Balanced Life, Complete Caregiver Support Guide, Life Skills to Help Teens Balance Way Too Much, Motivation, Veterans Surviving and Thriving, and the Traditional Life Skills for Teens Series.
Ester and John continue to co-write workbooks and corresponding cards in each of these series that help facilitators help their teen and adult participants: (Coping; Erasing the Stigma of Mental Health Issues through Awareness; Working with Families; Mental Health & Life Skills; Mind-Body Wellness; Teen Mental Health & Life Skills; The Teen Building Character Program, Resilience in the Military; and Let’s Talk Cards.)