Escape Room – 30 Minute Mysteries for the Classroom
by Nancy Polette
THE TIME MACHINE ESCAPE – Based on The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
H.G. Wells’ Time Machine has sent your teams back in time to ancient times. The machine is set to self-destruct in 30 minutes trapping you in time. Before this happens,
you must press the correct three numbered buttons on the control panel in any order to take your team forward to the present day.
- Refer to details and examples when drawing inferences from the text.
- Link ideas within categories of information using words and phrases.
- Apply problem-solving and critical thinking skills using key details.
- Identify real life connections.
- Participate in shared research.
- Become familiar with selected inventors and inventions.
These new Escape Room Mysteries are sweeping the nation!
Great for the entire class to work together to solve the clues or for smaller groups to solve individual clues. Each packet contains the objectives, clues, instructions on organizing the class, and preparing the room. There are no locks for the teacher to set or the students to open. Set-up time for the teacher is usually less than 15 minutes and the mystery can be solved within 30 to 45 minutes.
No cell phones or computers are allowed to be used. The students must research the clues the “old-fashioned” way.