Drop product in here
See more videos, webinars, and loads of other information about the PETS Series at http://www.primaryeducationthinkingskills.com/
Now Includes the Entire book (as a .pdf) and NEW Management Forms! (Using a download code.)
PETS™ is a systematized enrichment and diagnostic thinking skills program. Lessons are presented in convergent analysis, divergent synthesis, visual/spatial thinking, and evaluation, suitable for grades K-3. The program aligns to the higher levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy.
PETS™ 1, “the red book,” introduces the six thinking specialists of Crystal Pond Woods –
• Dudley the Detective, the convergent/deductive thinker
• Isabel the Inventor, the divergent/inventive thinker
• Sybil the Scientist, the convergent/analytical thinker
• Yolanda the Yarnspinner, the divergent/creative thinker
• Max the Magician, the visual/spatial thinker
• Jordan the Judge, the evaluative thinker
Included in the 24 lessons are encounters with the animal characters who
are engaged in problem-solving scenarios calling for their types of thinking –
four lessons involving each character (two whole class lessons to help identify
talented learners with accompanying reproducible activities, and two small
group lessons for identified students and accompanying reproducible activities).
This edition’s lesson plans are updated, and the book now includes new and revised management forms:
• Revised Behavioral Checklists with Diagnostic Notes
• NEW – Alignment with the Common Core State Standards
• Revised PETS™ Small Group checklist
• NEW – PETS™ Rubric
• NEW – PETS™ and 2st Century Thinking Skills
• NEW – PETS™ in the Regular Classroom Planning/Observation Sheet
• Student Stories
• Student Reproducible Activity Pages
• Pages needed for whole class reproduction for transparencies and whiteboards
The accompanying download includes the entire book in PDF format for easy duplication and projection.
PETS™ helps build behavioral portfolios for talented learners that support a differentiated approach to their education, integrates flexibly into any existing primary curriculum, and offers opportunities for learners with different strengths to shine.
I am the gifted resource teacher at a PK-6th grade school. For the last 4 years I have been using “Primary Education Thinking Skills” with all of the first grade classes on a regular basis. I go into each of the classrooms weekly with new lessons from PETS. The teachers stay in the classroom and use this time to observe their own students. Teachers and parents love the skills taught by these fun loving characters. The students often make comments throughout the week such as “You mean to think like Dudley?”! I use PETS books 2 and 3 in the resource class with the gifted students!…
–R. Hill, Alabama
See more videos on the P.E.T.S. Series at http://www.youtube.com/user/PiecesofLearning